Old February 18th 04, 02:04 AM
w_tom

Frank cannot be bothered to learn why things work. He did
not even know about insufficient conductivity in frozen
earth! That is basic stuff that first requires learning a
little theory - or have some experience. Polyphaser's highly
regarded application notes have complete practical value to
people who actually do this stuff. But Frank did not say it
first - therefore it must be wrong.

In the meantime, ignore that nonsense he posts about star
grounds. What he posts is not accurate, not relevant, and is
the biggest load of technical crappola I have ever seen.
Frank's brain must be leaking again.

Isolated or floating power supply? Everyone should be
laughing at that nonsense! When did one need a power supply
to get effective earthing? In the tradition of 'Frank type'
posting - he babbles too much BS to no logical conclusion.
Must have forgotten to take his medication.

Wow. Its really is easy to post insults, just like Frank.
He taught he how must fun it is to be superior to everyone
else. Now if I could just forget to post accurate facts and
not post relevant citations! Then I too could be just like
Frank.

In the meantime, ignore the Frank nonsense. Learn from
industry benchmarks such as Polyphaser.

Frank Gilliland wrote:
In , w_tom wrote:
A benchmark in this technology is Polyphaser. These
application note applies to your questions:
http://www.polyphaser.com/ppc_PEN1002.asp
http://www.polyphaser.com/ppc_PEN1024.asp
http://www.polyphaser.com/ppc_PEN1026.asp
http://www.polyphaser.com/ppc_PEN1025.asp
http://www.polyphaser.com/ppc_PEN1003.asp

Lot's of theory but no practical value. The use of a star ground
("Single Point Ground") system for lightning protection of the
whole building + tower requires the use of an isolated or
'floating' power supply; i.e, an isolated generator or
dedicated pole-pig. Marconi discovered this a century ago. And for
the record, all high-tech gizmos designed to compensate for the
inductive reactance of power and transmission lines during a
lightning strike have failed miserably because lightning has no
fixed frequency. You can verify this with your local power
company or public library.