Old February 18th 04, 05:04 PM
Frank Gilliland

In ,
(Twistedhed) wrote:

From:
(Lancer)
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:43:09 -0500 (EST),

(Twistedhed) wrote:
Frank Gillinad wrote:
(And for the record, all high-tech gizmos
designed to compensate for the inductive
reactance of power and transmission lines
during a lightning strike have failed miserably
because lightning has no fixed frequency.)

Frequency has no relation to the success or failure of lightning
protection devices in the manner you implied.
_
Thats true, did he say otherwise?

He did. He said..."

...because lightning has no fixed frequency."

Again, frequency has no relation to the manner in whcih he inferred.

Your communication deficit is acting up again, Dave -- I didn't infer anything.
In fact, I was -too- specific in that I used the word "gizmos", which limited
the aforementioned objective to the use of physical objects. I should have said
"devices".