Old February 26th 04, 05:40 PM
Ken

Default KL40 amp problems

I just bought a few of these for myself and friends. None of them
seem to be working. I have emailed RMITALY and am waiting for a
response.

They draw 180ma whether on or off. When driven with 3 watts AM into a
50 ohm dummy load, it draws 500ma (whether on or off) but has no RF
output.

An SWR meter shows very high SWR between the radio and the amp.

With the amp out of the circuit, I see 1.0 SWR and 3 watts on the
meter.

With power to the amp off, and 3 watts AM in, there is no RF out.

Three KL40's I've tested are doing the same thing.

Is it possible they switched the wiring to the PL-259's for a big run
of these?

Anyone seen this problem with KL40's?

Ken
(to reply via email