Old February 26th 04, 11:02 PM
Ken

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:05:20 -0500 (EST),
(Twistedhed) wrote:

Just a thought,,,,can your dummy load be bad?
NO RF output at all doesn't seem probable on all three units. Try keying
it in real time on the air,,,then report back with frequency and
results. I know an ambulance driver that owns one,,never had a problem
with his after he had it tweaked in south St. Pete, but man he sure does
bleed. I left a message on his answering machine and gave him your
email. Good luck.

When the amp is out of the circuit, I have the radio going into the
meter and dummy load. The meter shows SWR=1.0 (as it should) and
approximately the same power as the radio meter.

One other oddity. Before I power up the radio, the amp is drawing
zero current. As soon as I power up the radio (on RX), the amp starts
drawing 180 ma, whether it is switched on or off.

I assume this amp has transmit sense and can be used with a
transceiver.

Ken
(to reply via email
remove "zz" from address)