Old August 9th 03, 03:44 AM
VHFRadioBuff

In other words, without it, your coax is radiating (and
also acting as a recieve antenna. If you want the TRUE antenna pattern, put
those pieces back on -the one busted radial probably doesnt make that much
diff, but as a whole, without it will distort the antenna pattern. As
info, Jim NN7K

Thanks for the info. The SWR is fine and I was talking to another station on a
repeater about 30 miles away with the antenna only 10 feet above the ground.
Guess it's at least working somewhat. I'll need to get the antenna higher up if
I want to use that extra piece of coax. I was thinking of contacting Cushcraft
and asking if I could by a new radial.
73! de Andy KC2SSB (ex: KF4KHC/HL9HCT)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
http://vhfradiobuff.tripod.com