Old February 28th 04, 05:54 AM

But I -do- know when not to post -- I don't post when I don't know what I'm
talking about, like issues regarding many popular radios such as Ranger, RCI,
etc. I don't know anything about those except that most are easily modified to
operate illegally. I couldn't tell you anything beyond that. What I -do- know is
how to read a schematic, how to analyze a bad circuit, and how to locate
possible causes of failure. And I -do- know how an RF amplifier works, as well
as the operational characteristics of each and every component, active and
passive. I -also- know that manufacturing processes can sometimes turn loose an
entire lot of bad products, whether they are the final products or their
components. And yes, I -also- know that sometimes there are unknown faults in
equipment that can cause failures in other equipment. And I -=ALSO=- know that
some people will keep replacing fuses as fast as they blow them without even
thinking that the fault is not the fuse. In other words, it is not uncommon for
someone to test two or more brand new products, discover that they are broken,
and not realize that they were rendered non-functional as a result of their own
bad test equipment or procedure. This happens quite frequently when the products
have very static sensitive components (such as MOSFET's). You have therefore
demonstrated that you have very little, if any, experience working with such
devices, and should probably take your own advice (learn when not to post).

What you fail to realize is that you don't know that you have no
common sense.