Old April 7th 04, 02:22 AM
Jimmy

I used to live on the very fringe of an FM stations coverage area, probably
outside their intended cover area. Had great succes with 4 stacked 2 element
Yagis(think of old TV antennas). I and a guy down the street who had a
hundred foot tower were the only people in the county who could get the
station reliably. This was pretty good since this was the only FM station
that serviced the area at that time.

"JGBOYLES" wrote in message
Assume there is only one spot on your hilly land that you can pull in
your favorite FM station, 90 Mhz, over the competition, and only with
a horizontal dipole at a certain azimuth. A Yagi doesn't help, as
we are depending fully on the null.

Commercial FM stations are vertically polarized, cause most of the

people
that listen are in cars. I have found this to be true in my homebrew

antennas
(at least around here). You might try changing the polarization, and see

if
that helps.

Not sure why you think a yagi won't help. A 3 or 4 el. yagi with a good

F/B
and proper polarization will be a big improvement over the end nulls of a
dipole.

Using great sheets of metal for a dipole will increase the bandwidth,

but
that is not what you are looking for. Using the great sheets of metal for

screen reflector, or corner reflector could produce some big improvements.

73 Gary N4AST