Old April 7th 04, 08:43 AM
David Ryeburn

In article ,
Cecil Moore wrote:

Mike Coslo wrote:
Does the OCF dipole feedline radiate by design?

The Windom single-wire feedline radiates by design.
It would be extremely difficult to keep the OCF
feedline from radiating but a 50:300 current balun
at the feedpoint might help.

Here's a relatively simple way to keep an off-center fed "Windom"
antenna feedline from radiating: Install another Windom antenna of
identical dimensions at an acute or right angle to the existing one. Tie
the long side of the second Windom to the short side of the first one,
and vice versa. Feed the thing with a balanced line, or with coax
through a balun. I don't have EZNEC (it won't run on Macs) so I don't
know what the pattern would be like, but if everything was symmetrical
the feedline ought not radiate.

David, ex W8EZE

--
David Ryeburn

To send e-mail, use "ca" instead of "caz".