Old March 10th 04, 05:40 PM
2LD751

Default Need help with extra channels in TRC-458 (858PLL)

I have a TRC-458 (Has the 858 PLL). I need to replace the switches for
the extra channels. The mod that I found says to use two switches -
one SPST and one SPDT center off. The switches that are currently in
the radio (and are broken) are DPDT switches. The one in the S1
position only has two wires hooked up to it. The S2 has three wires.
The wires are soldered across both rows on each switch.

My question is this - should I replace the switches with what the mod
says or use the same switches as what's in there? I'm assuming that
the person that did the mod may not have had the right switches, so he
just used DPDT switches instead. The previous owner of the radio said
that the buttons on front, for the NB, etc... are also used with the
extra channels, but the mod I found makes no mention of extra channels
with these buttons.

Any ideas?