Old April 7th 04, 02:37 PM
Tam/WB2TT

Sounds good. What I would do is this: say you have radios A and B. Run 12V
up the coax when radio B is turned on. Arrange the relay so that the antenna
feeds radio A when there is no DC on the line. Strictly speaking, you should
use a coaxial relay, but a cheap SPDT relay will usually work. I would put
the relay within about an inch or so of the antenna feedpoint.

Tam/WB2TT
"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
BW wrote:
ANY suggestions would be welcome.

One common approach is to run some DC voltage through the coax
to energize an antenna relay. The DC voltage is isolated from
the RF equipment using caps. A series DC relay is bypassed
for RF by a cap. A parallel DC relay is isolated from the RF
by an RF choke. The configuration is a little different
depending upon whether the antenna is a DC short or not.
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP