Old March 25th 04, 02:30 PM
Snoopydawg

jim wrote in message ...

i didn't see any reference to freeband freq's just mention of amateur
freq's. wonder if the the fcc is avoiding the gray area concerning
freebanding in this case.

That wouldn't make any difference, would it? They are making their case
against the sale and use of these so-called "export" radios inside the USA.
Actually, it WAS the issue of unlicensed users of the Amateur bands that
caused the curent enforcement emphasis. Had the "freebanders" stayed out of
the ham bands, I doubt there would be an eyebrow raised. When the folks
start
treading on licensed spectrum, THAT is what causes the
ruckus.

Jerry

agreed jerry. that was my point. screw with the amateur bands and you get
spanked. freebands is a different story.

From: (Snoopydawg)
Newsgroups: rec.radio.cb
Subject: FCC Cites "Export" Seller and fines another company for
Unlicensed Operation