Old April 8th 04, 10:54 AM
Steve Muir

Default Homemade Antennae, help

I have recently bought a 2nd hand faihaven RD500, im really pleased with it,
having been an avid VHF/UHF listener before i wanted to get into HF/SW.
I currently have a telescopic aeriel plugged into the back, which im sure is
no use. Someone told me all you have to do is run a wire 33ft long around my
loft and plug it into the back of my reciever and ill pick up some great
stuff. Im particularly interested in Military but other stuff as well

Im not sure how true this is, can someone enlighten me, if so then can you
give me a breakdown of what ill need and any tips to installing it.

Any help will be very much appreciatted

Thanks in advance

Steve(Scottish)