Old March 25th 04, 03:15 PM
Twistedhed

For what it is worth the FCC needs tto give the
11-meter band back to hams.

Never happen.

They also need to move the truckers to the

family band in the Hi VHF. This would allow

them to get controll of the 11 meter band.

That isn't what prevents "control" of the eleven meter band. The FCC
were very much in control of the eleven meter band in the seventies and
guess what? Cbers had the band, not hammies.

I have said this for years. I cannot beleive that

they would put such a service on a band that

is so full of propragation.

Agreed. But you are asking the impossible. For wha you ask, the US
government would be admitting a mistake. Never happen.

Then develop that 150 mile rule. Man that

goes against all of human nature.We all know

that if we here a voice far away we are going

to want to know if that person whom that voice
belongs to can here us. What a trasp the FCC

setup in 1958. So to gain control of the

problem the FCC needs to put a license class

out there that requires no test.

Already have one. The Nocode. The "test" was devised by Bazooka Joe.
Look what it brought us on the air and in usenet. More trouble than
good,,,oh, there are exceptions, as always.

Allow them to talk on 11 meters then allow the
hams with the help of local officals in the area

to control the band.

**** poor idea for a myriad of reasons.

And anyone that gets to far out of line gets

reported.

Like the thought police? Look at Oxendine,,,,
a nation full of monitors LOL...

Then allow the system to do its work. It would

take half as long to clean up the cancer as it

took to grow

The 'cancer" is in self-appointed monitors like yourself. You're still
****ed 'cause we can DX HF and you're stuck on your self-ruined freqs.

. Heck to put a stop to the illeagal freebanding

give the people what they want. Open up 25

MHZ to 30 MHz. I have never heard anything

there but CB ham and freebanders. The best

way to stop radio pirates is to make what they

do leagal. That would take the excitment from

it and I think it will stop.

You get "excitement" from operating your radio? Projecting your feelings
and emotions onto others, does not mean they share your views. You are
always in the minority and realize such, otherwise, you wouldn't go to
such effort at hidng your hammie status....not all are ashamed of their
call,,only losers.