Old August 9th 03, 06:13 PM
John DeGood

I tried to find the specific antenna you are considering using
your links, but I wasn't able to do so with a reasonable amount
of effort.

Sorry, my ISP recently ceased operation. You can find the page
originally referenced, at least in the near term, at:

http://users.tellurian.com/jdegood/coaxtrap/

It's simply a six-band trap dipole. The 5 pairs of coaxial-cable traps
provide significant physical shortening, although to fit in an attic
some or all of the outermost (80 meter) portion will probably have to be
run at right angles to the main dipole. The advantages of such a
resonant antenna include a decent match to a coax feedline and no-tune
operation (but over limited bandwidth, a side-effect of the reduced size.)

Another alternative for multi-band operation in a restricted space
situation such as an attic is a physically shortened dipole in
conjunction with a tuner and open wire feedline. For details, see:

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/HTML/li.../limited1.html

73,

John NU3E