Old March 30th 04, 04:16 AM
Dee D. Flint

"David 01" wrote in message
I would highly recommend CodeQuick. I learned Morse Code the "old" way the
first time in 1973, quit using it and completely forgot in matter of days

it
seems. Bought CodeQuick and got up to 20 plus in 1993 and didn't fool with
code anymore until 2002. To my utter surprise, what I had learned with
CodeQuick was still there. I still was at 20 plus after about 30 minutes

of
refreshing.

It's a most amazing system.

The reason that you did not forget it the second time around is that you did
choose to get up to 20wpm. Research documented in "The Art & Skill of
Radiotelegraphy" (free for downloading from the internet) indicates that
once a person has learned it well enough to achieve solid copy at speeds of
13wpm and up, they know it well enough that they will not forget it. They
may get rusty by it will still be there.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE