Old March 30th 04, 05:06 AM
David 01

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

"David 01" wrote in message
I would highly recommend CodeQuick. I learned Morse Code the "old" way

the
first time in 1973, quit using it and completely forgot in matter of

days
it
seems. Bought CodeQuick and got up to 20 plus in 1993 and didn't fool

with
code anymore until 2002. To my utter surprise, what I had learned with
CodeQuick was still there. I still was at 20 plus after about 30 minutes

of
refreshing.

It's a most amazing system.

The reason that you did not forget it the second time around is that you

did
choose to get up to 20wpm. Research documented in "The Art & Skill of
Radiotelegraphy" (free for downloading from the internet) indicates that
once a person has learned it well enough to achieve solid copy at speeds

of
13wpm and up, they know it well enough that they will not forget it. They
may get rusty by it will still be there.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

The sound alikes just started pooping into my head after all those years, I
just had to straighten 1 or 2 up that I confused a little upon starting
back, I don't remember which ones they were now. Maybe it was just because
of the sound alike for W that I confused it by itself until I corrected my
brain and copied for about 30 minutes. The CodeQuick sound alikes were what
came back to me and of course with those I had the code and at about the
same speed as I left off. Actually I couldn't tell any difference at all
with the speed.

David