Old April 8th 04, 12:21 AM
Craig

"FLEXECUTIVECAR" wrote in message
I have the opportunity to acquire a new, still sealed, Sears Roadtalker

mobile
circa 1980. What can be done to this radio? I remember back in the 80's

with
the right mods, these radios were loud.

Model number would help, many of the Roadtalkers used the O2A chip which was
premiere for easy mods. Later versions used the including many SSB units
used the 858 chip. Get me the model # and I see what mods are available.
The last Roadtalkers used a 8719 in many cases, still a easy mod with a DPDT
switch. Novice work. Will check this newsgroup tomorrow to see a reply.

73's