Old April 10th 04, 02:55 AM
Steveo

"Bill Seas" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Bill Seas" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Bill Seas" wrote:
Ain't this a kicker. I bought a Uniden PC 68 LTW Peaked & Tuned,
(6w swings to 18.) Had an old Cobra repaired, tweaked & tuned (6w
swings to 18) I'm using a Wilson 1000 through the trunk mount on
this

Civic
with resistor plugs & wires. The Uniden even with the NB on still
gives me
too
much ignition noise for me to use, the old dog Cobra is quiet as
mouse.
Wonder why that is?

Are you wired direct to the battery?

Yes I am.

Rat shack sell a decent filter for that, some cars are much worse
than others, you may have one of those nasty fuel pumps, or something
in the alt field. Your swr is good?

Yea SWR is right on. I tried the rat shack noise filter - does nothing.
Just strange how the new Uniden lets the noise through but the Cobra 25 I
bought in 1980 doesn't. Can't figure it.

Yea that is strange. Anything now would be a guess, I doubt the Uniden
is that bad, but I dunno.

--
I'll never smoke weed with Willie again. - Toby