Old April 10th 04, 02:22 PM
Dr. Death

"Bill Seas" wrote in message
ink.net...
Ain't this a kicker. I bought a Uniden PC 68 LTW Peaked & Tuned, (6w

swings
to 18.) Had an old Cobra repaired, tweaked & tuned (6w swings to 18) I'm
using a Wilson 1000 through the trunk mount on this Civic with resistor
plugs & wires. The Uniden even with the NB on still gives me too much
ignition noise for me to use, the old dog Cobra is quiet as a mouse.

Wonder
why that is?

Could be the way the uniden was peaked, maybe clipped the wrong diode. If
the noise were in both units I would say its in the truck, but you say the
cobra works fine. Try having a tech look at the uniden to make sure the unit
itself is not the problem.