Old April 10th 04, 03:59 PM
N2EY

In article , Richard Clark
writes:

On 9 Apr 2004 13:44:16 -0700, (N2EY) wrote:
I get the feeling that Lattin either went through serious math pushups
to get his design, or cut up a lot of Twin Lead, or both.

Hi Jim,

I am working on the design, however the premise appears to be
"academic." In other words, there are some who can tell you how it
should work, but not why it doesn't.

I *like* that turn of phrase!

"There are some who can tell you how it should work, but not why it doesn't."

Perfect companion to:

"If it happens, it must be possible."

Your description above suits the modeling to a T - serious math
pushups.

Thanks.

I don't think anyone could stumble onto a 5 band antenna by
simple cut and try.

I disagree! I think it not only could happen, but probably has happened
already, through a fortuitous combination of many factors.

But being able to come up with such a design that is well-documented and
reproducible is a whole 'nother thing. The Lattin antenna is a perfect example
of that.

73 de Jim, N2EY