Old April 11th 04, 02:21 AM
Tam/WB2TT

Steve,
I don't know what a Fairhaven RD500 is. However, to hear the services you
want on HF, you need a radio with Single Sideband capability, and an IF
bandwidth of no more than 3 KHz.

Assuming the above is true, as a *first approximation* the longer the wire
and the higher up the better. A 100 foot wire, center fed with coax, and 50
feet up works quite well.

Tam/WB2TT

Tam/WB2TT
"Steve Muir" wrote in message
I live in the SW of the UK and have recently bought a Fairhaven RD 500.
While i have a good aerial set up for my VHF / UHF, i need to set up
something for HF / SW, Any suggestions from you knowledgeable folks out
there would be greatly apreciated.

Also what freqs should i be listening too, im into military, aircraft,
amateuir etc etc

Thanks in advance

Steve (Scottish)