Old April 12th 04, 01:39 AM
George

Yep, there is. I'm designing a very small hand-held antenna for direction
finding. The smaller the better. On paper so far I have shortened
"half-wave" dipole elements to 0.32 lambda and am giving up 1 dB of gain in
the process, assuming the coils I mentioned in each side of the dipoles.

Now the question becomes, is it practical and buildable?

BTW, congrats on your numbers! I, too, have seen a big improvement in my
own cholesterol numbers as a result of diet and exercise, not to mention
overall fitness ... )))

George K6GW

"Irv Finkleman" wrote in message
George wrote:

What's the best reference source I can use for designing loads in UHF
antenna elements? (To make physically shortened elements electrically
full-size.) For example, 200 ohms reactive at 500 MHz with Q 75-100?

Thanks.

George K6GW

Just curious, George! Because antennas at that frequency are relatively
small to begin with, I've never considered loading anything like that.

I'm curious
as to why you would want to -- there must be a good reason, isn't there?

Irv VE6BP
--
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001

http://members.shaw.ca/finkirv5/