Old May 4th 04, 01:02 PM
Frank Gilliland

In , "Leland C. Scott"
wrote:

"Landshark" wrote in message
.com...

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message
Frank;

Don't even bother to answer Frank. SteveoChicken is too busy running

away
from "toy BB guns"
-
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Really Lee, cops usually shot people with
toy guns.

How's anybody going to mistake Steveo, covered in white chicken feathers,
for a cop?

I think the issue is that a cop could mistake -you- for a gang-banger or some
other gun-toting urban warrior. Strange as it may seem, these guys are looking
out for you, Leland.

Beside cops don't carry camera in their hand and identifiy
themselves as "PeePeeholic" while ringing the door bell.

All the more reason to address the situation with something more than a BB gun.
If you really live in the area that Steve says, you should have learned by now
that determined criminals are never deterred by a mere handgun -- you need to
show them the dark recesses of a barrel larger than your big toe. For about
twice the price of your carbon-dioxide-powered fly-swatter you can get yourself
an H&R (Stevens?) single-shot 12-gauge. And don't load it with lead or steel
shot. Empty the shells and refill them with rock salt. I saw that trick in a
movie once and it works. Hurts like hell but it isn't lethal, so the worst you
can get is 2nd degree assault (depending on your local laws), which sure beats
spending several years and thousands of dollars fighting an involuntary
manslaughter charge.

Also why the paranoia when answering
the door? I don't answer the front door with a
gun in my hand (toy or not).

Well I have known people that do in my younger days when I did some
electrical work for a buddy when I was still in high school. He did plumbing
and heating work and needed somebody who knew how to wire up the controls,
fix motor controls on beer coolers etc. Also if you work in many areas of
Detroit you can't even talk to a store clerk except through two inches of
Lexan bullet proof plastic. And I can assure you that in most cases of the
above the gun is right handy under the counter too.

If it's a BB gun, save some time by calling yourself an ambulance in advance,
then hold up a sign that says, "Shoot me -- I'm Stupid!"