Old May 5th 04, 12:50 AM
Frank Gilliland

In ,
(Twistedhed) wrote:

From:
(Frank*Gilliland)
In , "Leland C. Scott"

wrote:
"Landshark" wrote in message
.com...
"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message
Frank;
**Don't even bother to answer Frank. SteveoChicken is too busy
running away from "toy BB guns"
-
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO
*(***************Really Lee, cops
usually shot people with toy guns. )
_
How's anybody going to mistake Steveo,

covered in white chicken feathers, for a cop?

_

I think the issue is that a cop could mistake

-you- for a gang-banger or some other

gun-toting urban warrior. Strange as it may

seem, these guys are looking out for you,

Leland.

KC8LDO wrote:**Beside cops don't carry camera in their hand and
identifiy themselves as "PeePeeholic" while ringing the door bell.

All the more reason to address the situation

with something more than a BB gun. If you

really live in the area that Steve says, you

should have learned by now that determined

criminals are never deterred by a mere

handgun -- you need to show them the dark

recesses of a barrel larger than your big toe.

For about twice the price of your

carbon-dioxide-powered fly-swatter you can

get yourself an H&R (Stevens?) single-shot

12-gauge. And don't load it with lead or steel

shot. Empty the shells and refill them with rock
salt. I saw that trick in a movie once and it

works. Hurts like hell but it isn't lethal, so the

worst you can get is 2nd degree assault

(depending on your local laws), which sure

beats spending several years and thousands

of dollars fighting an involuntary manslaughter
charge.

Horrible advice. Rock salt is poor idea for anything but animals in
your yard or garden. One of the first rules of firearm safety taught in
ALL legitimate courses concerning firearms as a means of personal
protection is one NEVER pulls a gun unless one intends to shoot,

You are wrong as usual, Twisty. Cops "pull" their guns on suspects every day but
they don't always shoot, or even intend to shoot. They are, however, -prepared-
to shoot if necessary, and -that- is what is taught in any legitimate firearms
safety course.

and
when one shoots, one shoots to kill.

That's only taught by police academies in Spokane and a few other screwed-up
cities. The purpose of firing the weapon is to quickly stop the person from
doing what they should not be doing. That doesn't always mean "shoot to kill",
nor does it always mean the use of a lethal weapon. Ever hear of a Taser? The
fact is that more and more cities are training their officers how to shoot more
effectively under circumstances where death is not the preferred option. Even
the US military recognizes that killing the enemy soldier is not always
advantageous. The lessons of WWII taught them that one -wounded- soldier removes
two or three soldiers from the battlefield. That was one of the reasons the US
military changed the caliber of their primary infantry weapon from .308 to .223,
because the latter is -less- likely to kill.

If one is trying to gain entry into your home, or if your life is in
danger, rock salt is not going to stop an adrenaline charged assailant.

It does a better job than a BB gun and most handguns. The intruder doesn't know
that he's been shot with rock salt, he just knows that his body is suddenly
racked with pain, and if he doesn't collapse from shock he runs like hell. And
since it isn't lethal, it's much safer in the hands of an adrenaline charged
defender who might mistake a family member or friend as an assailant.

If there was a clear fear for your life or if the assailant was
attempting to gain unauthorized entry to your home, there will be no
charges filed upon your protection of your life and property when a
clear danger was imminent.

You can make excuses for wielding deadly force in hopes of carving your first
notch on the grip, or you can act responsibly on what -should- be the reason for
having a weapon in the first place -- safety. Hey, we all know that a big gun
pumps the nads, and that's fine for people like you who need to artificially
supplement their inadequacies with blued steel. But I was taught to use the
right tools for the job, and a lethal weapon poses too much of a danger in a
situation where mistakes are common and people, innocent or not, can die.

http://tinyurl.com/ytcah

"...but I admitted I was wrong, Like a man! Something you and QRM
have a problem with. You guys are wrong and you both know it and
are both too small to admit it."
---- Twistedhed ----