Old August 10th 03, 02:57 AM
W5DXP

Ed Senior wrote:
Actually, I rather LIKE the switchable-length transmission line idea.
Could you refresh me on many different lengths do you find you need to
be able to get the SWR below, say, 2:1 at every point in those 8 bands?

I use 5 different lengths in a binary pattern. It's described on my
web page. 0-32 total feet is needed to cover all of 75m.

(I think we talked about this in an earlier thread, but I don't remember
all the details.) How do you stow the tuning lengths, and how many
physical switches (or plug-ins) are needed? When you do a typical
band change, does "a couple" of switch operations literally mean two,
or several? Any safety issues with the switches if you're running power?

The loops are about six inches apart on the outside of my window. I have
five 4PDT knife switches but I don't bother with the lower two on 75m.
I don't bother with the upper two on 10m. The knife switches handle 500
watts just fine.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp