Old May 10th 04, 08:53 PM
Frank Gilliland

In , Frank Gilliland
wrote:

snip
Being the nice guy I am, I'll play this your way once again: If the reason for
having a weapon in your home is 'protection', then what are you protecting? Life
and property, right? Right. Now, which is more likely to be a threat to life and
property, rock salt or lead? If the weapon gets turned against you (which
happens more times than you think), or if the wrong person gets shot by accident
(accidents happen more often than home invasions), would you rather it be loaded
with rock salt or with lead? You are better protected with a shotgun filled with
rock salt because you are better protected against the realities of gun
ownership, realities that are both expected and unforseen. Now you can tell
yourself that such things will never happen to you because you are under the
delusion that you are in 100% control of your weapon. That's what a lot of
people think. Some of them realize they are wrong -before- someone gets hurt.
Others learn the hard way.

And someone learned their lesson last night here in Spokane. A 13yo girl caught
one in the head because the person with the gun thought it wasn't loaded.

So where's that military group, Twist?

http://tinyurl.com/ytcah

"...but I admitted I was wrong, Like a man! Something you and QRM
have a problem with. You guys are wrong and you both know it and
are both too small to admit it."
---- Twistedhed ----