Old May 11th 04, 01:01 AM
Steveo

Frank Gilliland wrote:
In , Frank Gilliland
wrote:

snip
Being the nice guy I am, I'll play this your way once again: If the
reason for having a weapon in your home is 'protection', then what are
you protecting? Life and property, right? Right. Now, which is more
likely to be a threat to life and property, rock salt or lead? If the
weapon gets turned against you (which happens more times than you
think), or if the wrong person gets shot by accident (accidents happen
more often than home invasions), would you rather it be loaded with rock
salt or with lead? You are better protected with a shotgun filled with
rock salt because you are better protected against the realities of gun
ownership, realities that are both expected and unforseen. Now you can
tell yourself that such things will never happen to you because you are
under the delusion that you are in 100% control of your weapon. That's
what a lot of people think. Some of them realize they are wrong -before-
someone gets hurt. Others learn the hard way.

And someone learned their lesson last night here in Spokane. A 13yo girl
caught one in the head because the person with the gun thought it wasn't
loaded.

So where's that military group, Twist?

That sucks. The murder rate will now triple with the new CCP laws. It's
gonna be the wild wild west.

--
I won't retire, but I might retread.