Old May 12th 04, 11:40 AM
Steveo

Frank Gilliland wrote:
In , Steveo
wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
In , Frank Gilliland
wrote:

snip
Being the nice guy I am, I'll play this your way once again: If the
reason for having a weapon in your home is 'protection', then what
are you protecting? Life and property, right? Right. Now, which is
more likely to be a threat to life and property, rock salt or lead?
If the weapon gets turned against you (which happens more times than
you think), or if the wrong person gets shot by accident (accidents
happen more often than home invasions), would you rather it be loaded
with rock salt or with lead? You are better protected with a shotgun
filled with rock salt because you are better protected against the
realities of gun ownership, realities that are both expected and
unforseen. Now you can tell yourself that such things will never
happen to you because you are under the delusion that you are in 100%
control of your weapon. That's what a lot of people think. Some of
them realize they are wrong -before- someone gets hurt. Others learn
the hard way.

And someone learned their lesson last night here in Spokane. A 13yo
girl caught one in the head because the person with the gun thought it
wasn't loaded.

So where's that military group, Twist?

That sucks. The murder rate will now triple with the new CCP laws. It's
gonna be the wild wild west.

CCP laws?

Concealed carry permit. Take a class, pass a simple test, and
you are allowed to carry a concealed gun. You no longer need
to show reason or need in Ohio.

--
I won't retire, but I might retread.