Old April 13th 04, 02:46 AM
Richard Clark

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:47:52 GMT, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:

When I was a dumb kid in the 50s we used to go into the garbage of those
hard of hearing and get their discarded hearing aid batteries to salvage the
mercury.

Hi Henry,

Another point of toxicity. Because the nuclear "Boomers" contained a
closed loop environmental system, ALL such batteries were banned from
the boat irrespective of their need in ANY equipment. We had to make
do with substitutes and jury rig our own holders or means to provide a
voltage for key equipment that would work fine on surface craft.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC