Old May 15th 04, 09:45 PM
Bobby

"Steveo" wrote in message
| "Bobby" wrote:
| I recently purchased an 89 Bronco, and I'm looking for a good antenna
| mounting idea for this beast. I know that I can't put it on the roof of
| the truck (clearance issues around town). I've thought about a bumper
| mount, but options are limited due to the placement of the taillights.
| After looking online for a bit I'm thinking of something like a doorjamb
| mount at the tailgate... but I'd like to know if anyone else has
mounted
| an antenna on a similar vehicle to learn from their
mistakes\experiences.
| Right now I'm using one of the cheapie magnet mounts on the roof of the
| truck that forces me to crank the squelch up so high I must be within 50
| feet of whomever I'm talking to. Been reading this group just long
| enough to know that antenna mounts is a subject that gets posted
| frequently enough. Unfortunately, I'm not the exception.
|
| Is a mirror mount an option? You can always un-screw it for
| the clearance problems. (forget the twin talkers) g
|
| --
| I won't retire, but I might retread.

That is, although I'm at a loss for cable routing. The only way I see to
route the cable would be through a window or the door and doorframe (current
method used) which pinches. I see that mirror mounts seem to be the most
popular, but would a 3' antenna higher up on the vehicle be more effective
then say a 5' mounted a bit lower?