Old April 13th 04, 04:19 PM
Steve Nosko

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Dave Shrader wrote:
Mercury is a metal, albeit a dangerous one. It has a resistivity about
55 times that of copper.

Why in Heaven would you or anyone want to do it? [I think there may be a
Troll here :-) ]

No troll, just a wild hair. I got to thinking of using mercury as the
conducting medium for an RF antenna switch and then wondered if mercury
could replace the upper part of a whip where there is low current and
high voltage. The mercury changing length in a thermometer triggered
these unthinkable thoughts. Imagine changing the current through a
resistor in order to tune an antenna by varying the mercury level.

No assumption here. I agree that this would be VERY difficult, although the
"upper part" sounds feasable. Just replace the screwdriver motor &
mechanism with a pump...

--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.
- 19 Different Servers! =-----