Old May 17th 04, 03:46 AM
Randy

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Randy" wrote:
I drive a 9900 International. I am getting a loud whine in the CB
speaker, but not in the radio speakers, even though they share the dual
antennas. The whine increases and decreases with the rpms of the motor.
After disconnecting the coax from the CB transceiver the whine is gone.
Does this mean the coax or antennas are definitely the problem? ... or
are they just picking up on a problem with the alternator? The coax will
be extremely hard to replace, maybe impossible since this is a company
truck. The alternator would probably be easier to repair.

Any help to eliminate or even reduce the whine would be greatly
appreciated.

Sounds like not enough ground on your antenna. How's your swr?

--
http://www.allpar.com/mopar.html

swr is ~ 3

I am just learning about CB radios. I know the antennas are using plastic
inserts to keep them from being grounded.
I am using Firestik II antennas and have not tried adjusting them yet. I
thought I needed to eliminate the whine first.
This International has a fiberglass top making for a bad ground plane, from
what I have been reading.

That is about all I know of my situation.