Old May 17th 04, 04:17 AM
W ä l r ü s

I used to own both a Jeep & a full-size Chevy Blazer. In both, I used the
magnet on the "inside". I peeled just a few inches of carpet back in the
tailgate area & just stuck it there in the back corner. Although enclosed
in the trucks, it did just fine. I used a power mic for a little added
enhancement. Worked like a charm.

Give it a try for a week & see. It's not permanent & it may work for you.

Thanks!
Wälrüs

"Bobby" wrote in message
I recently purchased an 89 Bronco, and I'm looking for a good antenna
mounting idea for this beast. I know that I can't put it on the roof of

the
truck (clearance issues around town). I've thought about a bumper mount,
but options are limited due to the placement of the taillights. After
looking online for a bit I'm thinking of something like a doorjamb mount

at
the tailgate... but I'd like to know if anyone else has mounted an

antenna
on a similar vehicle to learn from their mistakes\experiences. Right now
I'm using one of the cheapie magnet mounts on the roof of the truck that
forces me to crank the squelch up so high I must be within 50 feet of
whomever I'm talking to. Been reading this group just long enough to know
that antenna mounts is a subject that gets posted frequently enough.
Unfortunately, I'm not the exception.