Old May 21st 04, 04:26 PM
Twistedhed

From: (Dave=A0Hall)
On Thu, 20 May 2004 11:15:53 -0400,
(Twistedhed)
wrote:
(=A0=A0We applaud their efforts to catch the errant hams, more power to
them. That is why they also go after the illegal cbers that attempt to
operate on the ham bands. They couldn't care less about the cb band
anymore as the cbers took it upon themselves to turn it into the sewer
pit of the radio spectrum. )

Hehhee,,,it wasn't the cbers that brought the extra freqs and in between
capabilities and amps to cb,,,it was the hammies.

What gives you that idea?

"Empirical" data.

Are you saying that CBer's (or at least some of
them) lack the technical expertise to achieve

such feats?

Your willingness to classify and typify entire groups of people has
always been a flaw in your logic.

I was experimenting with CB radios long

before I got a ham license. In fact CB was my

stepping stone into ham radio.

Most people in hammie radio today share that sentiment. Nevertheless, it
was the hammies that introduced the technology of frequency splitting
and telling us where to get those crystals for the extra freqs.

_
They actually did all
the cbers a huge favor by their actions,,,,,they turned it into a
virtual free for all and many cbers enjoy it just the way it is, much to
the chagrin of certain scumbag hammies.

And many legally operating CBers who now

have a harder time communicating through

the lawless and lack or respect "free-for-all".

Dave

"Sandbagger"

N3CVJ

http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

Goes both ways. The same statement is just as valid when applied to
hammie radio. As in all of life's endeavors, one must take the good with
the bad. Dwelling on only the bad is something you need get over.