Old May 26th 04, 06:40 PM
Tampa Bay Always Kicks PhilthyAzz

From: (Dave=A0Hall)
On Wed, 26 May 2004 06:54:51 -0700, Frank Gilliland
wrote:
In , Frank Gilliland
wrote:
In , "AKC KennelMaster"
wrote:
"Dave Hall" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 May 2004 22:57:29 GMT, "Bert Craig"
wrote:
"Dave Hall" wrote in message
Well, by golly, I goofed again. The FCC ID

number is C2R-DX-2547, it's a Ranger, and it

is legal for CB. But what I didn't see on the

Galaxy website was a built-in roger-beep --

instead the board is available as an

accessory.

Galaxy and Ranger are basically one in the

same. They are notorious for "pushing the

limit" as far as legality is concerned. I've never
liked Galaxy radios. They're basically

knock-offs of Uniden designs, many of which

were not the most reliable.

What I don't understand is your last statement.
Which Galaxy website did you see the roger

beep listed as an add-on accessory? The link

provided above lists the roger beep as a

standard feature.

I'm perfectly willing to admit when I'm wrong,

Hehehe,,,a barrage of insults and offtopic rants is not an admition of
anything..LOL.

but I'm curious when the FCC changed its

opinion on roger beeps from their earlier

proclamation that they were considered

"amusement" devices and therefore not legal.

The FCC never held that rule,,,,you are the one "claiming" they did,
with no link to provide such. All you did is quote a rule, and
ignorantly take it to mean "amusement" encompasses roger beeps. The FCC
never said anything of the such,,you did and you're beginning to ramble
offtopic with your personal feelings regarding such.

This happened about 20-some years ago

when roger beeps first started springing up.

Quote it. Cite it. Show the rule. Of course, the only thing you can
provide is lipservice.