Old August 10th 03, 05:21 AM
Jimmy

Figured yiu have enough advice on the oil so here is my story.
I had a cantenna that set beneath my bech for about seven years. One day I
sat down at the bench and felt oil all over the floor. The bottom of the can
had rusted out. After procurring a new paint can I tinned the outside of the
can with solder. New can has lasted 18 years so far without any sign of
rust. However it has never been on a bare concrete floor either.

"Javier Henderson" wrote in message
I got a Heathkit Cantenna recently, sans oil.

Where do I find transformer oil? The few industrial suppliers in my
area (Monterey, CA) want to sell me drums of the stuff. I only need
a gallon...

Is motor oil OK to use?

73,
-jav w6vms