Old June 3rd 04, 01:39 PM
Snotgeorge

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 05:10:33 -0700, Frank Gilliland
wrote:
Maybe you missed the part about Quindar tones:

yes i did sorry. quindar tones were only used on the uplink, not the downlink.
i still think if the downlink were fm that you would here the squelch tail when
the downlink unkeyed. ?

No, but the movie was good entertainment, complete with roger-beeps!
"Marooned" was pretty good, too. I didn't like "Apollo 13" as much as
I thought I would -- computer animation has come a long way, but it
still looks fake when compared to the special effects that were
state-of-the-art just before computers took over the scene. Damn
accountants!

very true. i think the hbo series about apollo was better than the movie