Old April 15th 04, 03:49 PM
Cecil Moore

Uwe wrote:
I am trying to put up a dipole for 40 m. The formula calls for about 65
feet.

Between my tress I easily have space for twice that.

That would still resonate, would it not.

If you say a 6000 ohm feedpoint is resonant. I personally call that
the (anti)resonant point.

Tell me that longer is better, at least when it comes in multiples.

You will be able to use the longer dipole on 75m. It will be about
one-wavelength long on 40m which gives some broadside gain over a
1/2WL dipole. But the feedpoint impedance on 40m will be so high
you will need to avoid coax and feed it with some variation of
ladder-line.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp