Old April 15th 04, 08:04 PM
zeno

So "Swarming" is really the term for that? I could use that.
Sometimes that phenomenon is real comedy material. I can just
see Laurel and Hardy putting up a short wave antenna......

"swarming" hmmmmm, like you disturbed a hornets nest eh?

Now that I think of it, the actual physics behind "swarming"
would be pretty darn sophisticated stuff.....

Bill (aka Zeno, aka, etc...)

'Doc wrote:

Zeno,
"Swarming" means that because of the 'memory' of the wire
used to make the 'twin lead', when it's turned loose from
whatever you fixed it to to build it, it tries to assume it's
former shape. Usually results in a 'rat's nest' of wire in
a not so compact ball, LOL! Not really something to waste a
lot of worry on, just be aware that it can happen.
'Doc