Old June 14th 04, 03:02 PM
Chris

Replacing the lower section with pvc for flexibility. Sorry this thread is
hard to follow....too much off topic content.

Chris
"Lancer" wrote in message
news:2mnoc0p0cgsoo8ro0am9fiqsisoms2utlt@2355323778 ...
On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 23:52:38 GMT, "Chris"
wrote:

Thanks. I just wanted to prove to myself that I could make my own antenna
and see how well it worked. There are 2 reasons for the large coil. In
comparing a few antennas of roughly equal length, the ones with large

open
coils tend to be more broad-banded. Larger materials also have less
resistive loss and more radiating are. The lower part doesn't really have

be 1/2' copper pipe but it was the first thing I thought of. I'm going

with
copper wire wrapped on pvc shortly.

Chris

Chris; Nice looking antenna, large open air coils are more efficient.
Some people see a large open air coil and think its all about power
handling capability. Are you planning on replacing the coil with pvc
wrapped with wire, or the lower section? If you want to beef up the
lower secton you might take a trip to a hamfest and pick up a lower
section of a Newtronics Hustler.