Old April 16th 04, 02:07 PM
'Doc

Dan & CW,
This may help understand 'how' I post, probably won't
excuse any percieved 'mistakes' in the procedure, but at
least you'll understand. I use a 'newsgroup' reader, it
shows each thread and each response in a thread, and
everything progrsses in a very logical manner. One of
these 'newsgroup' readers is provided in Netscape and IE.
I see no point in repeating what is already 'there' for
anyone to see (if they use a NGreader, of course). I have
to assume that you don't, too bad.
As for the radiation pattern differences between a 1/2
wave and full wave antenna, a specific explanation would
be kind'a difficult because more than the 'length' can make
a difference, height, environment, other antennas, etc.
But, in general, the usual higher angles of radiation are
more pronounced, and the pattern is 'sort of' sharper (if that
makes any sense) for the full wave dipole. It's easy to
see than to describe if you use a modeling program, or the
usual radiation pattern diagrams in the antenna books. This
also depends on the antenna's height, what I attempted to
describe
is at more than a 1/2 wave above ground. Being lower than a 1/2
wave above ground makes for even greater differences.
I hope that convinces you that I might have at least a faint
idea of what's happening...
'Doc