Old June 21st 04, 11:30 PM
PEE-WEE = KBKS-20902

Like the FRS as in 15 minutes [meant seconds], since I got this FRS radio I
am picking up a lot of business Communications & I took all the channels &
put them on my scanner & the scanner seems to act as a big base antenna & I
can hear more on the scanner then my walike talkie. I only head 1 person who
cussed like they did on the 11 metter band, but this radio seems to be ok
for what I want. Also if anyone on here is near Georgia Ave in Wheaton, MD &
has an 10-33 & I hear you I will come back. REACT may have kicked me out
[:-(], but I still handle emergency calls & this 1 business I know [next
door] of, I told them [voice + e-mail] if they need me [emergency or even
help them as a volunteer] just to call me on their channel. I told them that
I have them on my scanner but do not know what channel they are on, so just
to yell either 'PEE-WEE' or my name & I channel # & I will come on to help
them. These radios [maybe the different types or how new they get] have
different tones to them & some sound like what you hear on the scanner as
alert tones. But I like this little radio, it is so cool. My battery door is
broken, so I use masking tape + cardboard to keep it closed. Also the other
day I turned on my radio & got on the screen;

'88"

So what does this mean? I turn my radio off then on & it is ok for a while
then it keeps saying '88', thanks.

PEE-WEE = KBKS-20902 [10-10]

Thank God for radios & all these computers!