Old April 16th 04, 04:09 PM
Dan Richardson

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:07:34 -0500, 'Doc wrote:

Here, so all can see exactly what I am responding to:
[snip]
I use a 'newsgroup' reader, it
shows each thread and each response in a thread, and
everything progrsses in a very logical manner.

[snip]

I too use a reader as I believe everyone else does, however, rather
than clutter up my screen with old obsolete messages I us an option of
my reader that lists only the new unread messages.

Additionally, there are at times multiple replies to a thread and your
posting may be listed several messages below the one you are replying
to and it can be anyone's guess which one it was.

Thirdly, for anyone reading the news group archives and trying to
follow anything you have posted is near to impossible as the archive
listing can be by the poster and not the thread.

Lastly, news group etiquette was setup of a good reason. Following
those suggestions allows for a minimum of confusion.

Please think about this. Of course, if you just want to be contrary
then have fun.

73
Danny