Old June 23rd 04, 02:28 AM
Keith Hosman KC8TCQ

Nicolai Carpathia wrote:

heheh hot pastrami and swiss on rye, would
kill for a garlic onion bagel with cream cheese
and smoked salmon though.
Oh and I got my steaming cup of Jamaica
Blue Mt coffee
-------------------------------------

You're speaking my language loud and clear.........the Jamaican crop was
absolutely lousy two years ago and I went to the Ethiopian Harrar (a
close runner up, in addition to a distinct Arabica Hawaiian bean offered
by Gevalia),,,,did the Blue Mountain Crop rebound? Sometimes they get
two growing seasons per year. I couldn't justify the price for an
inferior bean that is supposed to set the standard,,we drank Blue
Mountain for years and until it changed two years ago due to a poor crop
year..,,,,I haven't tried this year's crop yet,.........nothing like
world class whole bean from a press out of a ceramic mug. Ditto for the
smoked salmon, although smoked mullet is a dead tie when making spread.

Well, This years crop was good, and there is a bean that comes from the
next mountain over that is damn near as good. The local coffee shop
orders the whole beans for me, and I grind them fresh for each pot. heck
I love the smell of fresh ground beans as much as I love drinking the
fifnal product.