Old April 16th 04, 11:55 PM
JGBOYLES

I am planning on constructing a satellite antenna for feild day this year.
Any tips on its construction. I have not built a quad before,

If you are just going to use the quad on Field Day and are not planning on a
long term installation, a cheap way to go is use PVC for the boom, and 1/4" or
3/8" wood dowel for the spreaders. May cost $5 at Home Depot. If you want
something that will take weather better, use UV resistant PVC and 1/4"
fiberglass rods for the spreaders.
As for the 1:7 swr, I would not worry. But, if you are a purist, there are
several ways to reduce that if you want to go to the trouble.

73 Gary N4AST