Old July 9th 04, 11:56 PM
Lou

Well, whatever... they're both in the same place (in Butler) so I just say
Butler... Not to single anyone out. I enjoy both hamfests when I can make
them.
Lou

"me" wrote in message
Probably Breezeshooters. Butler isn't til fall.

73,

Me

"Lou" wrote in message
"Burp not Burr" wrote in message
groups.com...

"garigue" wrote in message

The schmuck comes back 1/2 hour later digs it out
and asks for it for 35 Cents again. I say OK, offer to
wrap it, he hands it to me and while he's reachin for his
35 cents, I dropped the tube on the ground and smashed
it with my trusty Nike, then told him I changed my mind
and wanted $1.00 for it.

Good one ..... I've been involved in this hobby, service, endeavor,
passion
or whatever for 40 years plus. It is always an amazement to me the
cheap-Os
that are out there that want something for nothing or near it. OTOH

have
met a lot of nice people who would bend over backwards to give me

parts
for
nothing for my projects. That is the ham spirit at work and those

are
the
ones that I remember after all these years.

God Bless 73 KI3R Tom Popovic Belle Vernon Pa.

Thanks Tom. Were U at the hamfest by chance?
For those wondering, the tube that was "sacrificed"
was a common garden variety JAN 6005 (6AQ5A)
( I sure would not have broken anything like a 7060
or similar! That tube would be in my collection)

KI3R, which hamfest might this have been at? Butler? There are a lot of
shysters out there wanting something for nothing. Amazes me how they

afford
the hobby!

Lou