Old April 17th 04, 09:28 PM
zeno

Richard Clark wrote:

Black is usually indicative of carbon content; but I wouldn't let that
stop me the first time around if it was handy (pop it into the
microwave and nuke it to see if it gets hot - this is not about
microwave frequencies, merely tendency to conduct and to dissipate).

Wouldn't sticking my multi/ohmeter into the material at a couple of points
tell me if it dielectric or not? I did that and it would seem that this black
poly pipe is totally non-conductive. If it contained carbon it would be like
a composition resistor and register something (no?).

Anyway I am working on another source of rigid 3/8" dia. UV/PVC which might
work out better.

bill