Old July 20th 04, 02:29 AM
Steveo

"Scott in Baltimore" wrote:
Here is what I just got, Cobra 29 LTD Classic that was bumped up a
bit, a new Palomar Elite 300 amp (ebay) , Diesel (?) noise canceling
mic and a Wilsom 5000 mag mount ant.

Most "tune-ups" involve stretching the coils that make up the low-pass
filter. A watt meter reads all wattage, no matter what it's frequency.

Now your amp and antenna reject the second harmonic and reflect it back
to the radio.

I cant get the SWR down below 2.5. I ran a new 18' cable and a ground
wire to the frame of the truck but ever time i key up the ANT light
lights up on the radio.

My questions a

1. How can I get the SWR down?
2. Is this a good combo?
3. on my amp it has a ON/OFF , HIGH, MED, LOW and a PRE-AMP on and off.
What is with the PRE- AMP.

What you failed to mention was the SWR with the amp out of line.

-Scott, with the KW-7 really mounted to the rear bumper, and a 1.5:1 SWR
that TALKS. I still prefer resonance to perfect SWR! Oh yeah, 7 feet of
coax...enough to make it from the box to the antenna mount. No crimped
connectors here. 2x455 box fed by #6.

Rock on!

Steve with his Wilson 1000, two pill, and 2510 hard wired to the roof
of his truck..all connections soldered all the way to the battery.

Can't beat -good- hardware.