Old August 8th 04, 03:35 PM
Landshark

"M-Tech" wrote in message
Ok. Here's the deal. It's time for an antenna on my 2001 Silverado.

It's
an extended cab 4x4 and if I put anything higher than a foot on my roof,
it's comin' off when I pull in the garage. So, I was thinking:-) What if
someone took a center loaded antenna and mounted it to a swivel mount that
was mounted to the bed, but in BETWEEN the bed and cab. When it was

rotated
180 degrees the mount would be about a foot lower than the cab...leaving

48"
of center loaded antenna above the roof. I could toggle the action using

12vdc mechanism of some type. With the press of a button, the mount would
rotate 180 degrees and point the antenna down, right between the cab and
bed. Thus, instant antenna clearance without exiting the cab.

I've been told that a decent quality center-loaded will always beat a

decent
quality base-loaded antenna of the same height.

Thoughts? Opinions?? No laughing please:-)

Thanks

Don

You could use a ball mount and then just take the
allen wrench and loosen it, swivel it down. Also you
can just use a quick disconnect, It's easy and works.
As for an electric swivel, seems like a lot of work, but
give it a try, let us know how it comes out.

Landshark

--
Treat people as if they were what
they ought to be and you will help