Old August 15th 04, 11:25 PM
Leland C. Scott

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
Mailbox is empty. Did you remove the "nospam"?

I did. In fact I just sent it again just now. It does have a file attached
so if your E-mail program filters out mail with attachments you will have to
turn it off.

while
impedance will "unnecessarily complicate things" for mag-mounts.

You have "unnecessarily complicate things" because you don't understand

the
difference.

Now that's an interesting answer..... the difference between impedance
and capacitance is that I don't understand the difference?

You haven't impressed me with knowing the difference. I was addressing a
capacitance measurement only, exclusively and separate from any other
electrical property. You can't seem to figure out that your impedance
measurement combines capacitance, inductance, and resistance all together.

If I took a 1000pf vacuum capacitor and connected it in series with a 1000
ohm resistor, placed it in a black box you can't open, and brought out two
leads for you to connect to your Z-bridge then asked you to make your
measurement you would tell me I have a crappy capacitor. Then if I wanted to
give you somthing to think about I can stick a small inductor in series with
the capacitor and resistor to give some strange impedance variations with
frequency. Now try to figure out what's in the box from your Z-bridge
measurement. That's the problem you have with your measurements where the
black box is the mag-mount. Making a capacitance measurenet, or some simple
calculations, would be like peeking inside the black box and saying, Oh now
I see what is going on.

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO